Monday, December 28, 2009

The White Panda "Versus"



A lot of the kids today are really into mash-ups. Their frenetic, quickly changing pace fits in well with the Ritalin and Red Bull infused youth of today. Artists such as Girl Talk, the Hood Internet, and Super Mash Bros have brought the art of the mash-up into the mainstream. So, may I introduce you to The White Panda. I've been seeing a lot of them over at P&P, but have not really paid them any mind. Today I saw they had dropped a full mixtape. And ladies and gentlemen, the hype is real. The White Panda certainly belongs amongst the mash-up heavyweights such as the Hood Internet and Super Mash Bros. In fact, this mixtape, after the first listen seems certainly better than Super Mash Bros' sophomore tape. And at 33 tracks long, you get what you pay for. Wait, it's free? Yup it is. Good stuff from The White Panda. (Also, isn't a white panda basically a polar bear?)


And if you're debating whether or not to DL the tape, here's my favorite track off the tape, T.I.'s "What You Know" vs. Passion Pit's "Little Secrets." Yea, I know I've got a Passion Pit bias.

No comments:

Post a Comment