Friday, December 4, 2009

Vampire Weekend "California English Pt. 2"


This the B-side to VW's "Cousins," which is being released on the 15th of December. For those expecting something along the lines of "Cousins," I am afraid you are wrong. This song is something completely new for VW. It's darker, more synth oriented, and auto-tuned. However, this does not mean it is bad, only different. I liken it to Kanye West's 808's and Heartbreak, in that the song uses auto-tune, and more electronics, while at the same time being more emotional and serious than the previous work. The song also uses the same loop over and over again, and as PMA mentions, it reminds me a lot of Animal Collective, especially their new song What Would I Want, Sky. While this song is not what I, or anyone probably, was expecting, I will admit I am still waiting for a VW song that I honestly don't like. 

No comments:

Post a Comment