Saturday, June 12, 2010

New Music

Since there wasn't much new music posted this week, I figured I'd use this half-time of the England vs USA game to get everyone up to date. There's a little bit for everyone here, so check it out:

Yesterday some new XV surfaced, as as usual with this dude, it is really sick. With production from Seven, the man behind XV's excellent mixtape Everybody's Nobody, the track has a synthy spacey vibe to it, which suits XV perfectly. And of course, XV unleashes his usual verbal onslaught. This is said to be off his delayed Kid With the Green Backpack album, but we'll see. Highly recommended.


This song has been sitting on my iTunes for a while now, but I keep coming back to it, and I figured I'd let everyone else in on it. The group is Hoodie Allen, and the song is fire. It samples the British Band Marina and the Diamonds "I Am Not a Robot." Very Chiddy Bang feel to this song/band. And according to P&P, they are coming out with a mixtape which samples exclusively off Marina and the Diamonds' debut The Family Jewels, which sounds like it will be really good.


I don't know if anyone is into Twilight, but the soundtrack just came out, and it is excellent. It's got Florence and the Machine, Muse, The Bravery, and Band of Horses to name a few. My favorite however is Vampire Weekend's "Jonathan Low." Not even being biased (as you know I love VW), the song is just remarkable. In typical Vampire Weekend it is similar to their other work, yet completely new and original at the same time. Familiar without being boring.


Since I know everyone loves the mash-ups, here is one from the project October's Very Cold, which mashes Drake and Coldplay. Done by Chi-Duly, the tape is pretty good as a whole. But this track is by far the best. It's hard to explain, so all I can say is give it a listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment