Thursday, June 17, 2010

Francis and the Lights

Probably my favorite song on Drake's Thank Me Later is "Karaoke." What makes this track different from any other on the album is the production. No it's not Kanye, Timbaland, or Boi-1da. The song was actually produced by an electronic band formed at Wesleyan University; Francis and the Lights. Upon finding this out, I did a little research, and now it's obvious why Drake picked them to produce a song on quite possibly the most hyped debut since Kanye's College Dropout. Hailing from New York City, by way of Middletown, Francis and the Lights is led by lead singer Francis Farewell Starlite. I honestly have no real way of describing the band, other than that they are truly unique, and I guess you'll have to see for yourself. Their debut album It'll Be Better hits stores July 20th, but I guess I can let you guys in on a few of my favorites...





Bonus: Speaking of Kanye, here's a cover of "Can't Tell Me Nothing" done by FatL, done a few years back.

No comments:

Post a Comment