Sunday, November 29, 2009

The Menahan Street Band - Make the Road by Walking

Being the newest addition to this blog, I thought I'd start things off by paying tribute to an album I've recently come across which I never would have if it were not for one of our own contributors, Mike. He introduced me to the Pigeons and Planes blog along with an artist from it, Frank Ramz. I was instantly drawn not only the lyricism of his work, but also to the incredible music that was used to back his words on one album in particular. Thus, I discovered "Make the Road by Walking" by The Menahan Street Band. I highly recommend both the original work and Ramz's version and am a proud owner of the 12'' vinyl. So if you're so inclined to hear some good old good music, here's one of my favorites live.

-Chris


No comments:

Post a Comment