Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Micellanious

I'm dead tired, and I've got the Manchester United vs. Philadelphia Union in half an hour, so I figured I'd just hit you guys with a mix of things I've been meaning to post, but just haven't gotten around to.

The iTunes pre-order for Mike Posner's upcoming album 31 Minutes to Takeoff came out yesterday, and this song hit the web. To be honest it was a bit too poppy for me at first. I missed the collaborations with Big Sean and the general almost less-polished feeling his mixtapes have. After a few listens though, I'm actually really like this record. That being said, the album drops August 10th, and I'm super pumped for it.


This song comes from mash-up artists Hulk Smash, and it combines The Jackson 5's "I Want You Back" with Ellie Goulding's "Starry Eyed." Now to be fair, I'm pretty sure you could mash the sound of a jackhammer and a baby's cry with "I Want You Back" and it would still sound good. And Ms. Goulding's debut album will probably find its way onto my much anticipated "Best of 2010" list. So the building blocks are there to create a great mash-up. And it is. Definitely a great song to listen to in the car on a hot day.

Jackson 5 vs. Ellie Goulding- "I Want You Starry Eyed" (This isn't the "official" title, but I decided to use it to avoid redundancy.)

No comments:

Post a Comment